Thursday, October 6, 2011

October = my busy month

Busy I have a lot going on this month. First comes Danny's birthday, which I still have to shop for (shhhh don't tell him!) then it's Jackie's birthday (also have to shop for), then it's our wedding anniversary which apparently leather is the gift you're supposed to get each other for the 3 year mark...this could get interesting, and lastly comes Halloween.

I should probably get DannyMac a decent gift since I ignored it last year in my misery of the last month of pregnancy. Poor guy. Whatever, I was carrying his child, that should have been gift enough, am I right?

Jackie's gift should be special, after all she is 30 this year!

Speaking of being pregnant last year (NO I'm not pregnant now!) let's talk about the last month of pregnancy. You women, you know what I'm talking about, and you men? Well, you had to deal with us so that's torture enough. Danny said the perfect word used to describe me was a "monster." Isn't that sweet of him?
That last month is pure torture for all parties involved (unless you were that lucky pregnant lady that LOVED being pregnant, then I bow down to you). You can't sleep, waking up every two seconds to pee, wondering if THIS pain is labor pain and then being disappointed because you realize it's just heartburn or something equally annoying. Or waking up in the middle of the night to a wet bed and thinking your water broke but no, it's pee (Congratulations, you've just we the bed as a grown woman!) and or sweat. The cute little kicks have now become your baby's version of a soccer game against your bladder and is rather painful. I tell you what, it's funny now. NOW but not then.

I also remember last year wondering if I should buy that Halloween onesie justincase she came on time. As the day got closer and my obgyn kept assuring me with each visit that Grace wasn't coming any time soon I decided to forgo the onesie. This year THIS YEAR I get to dress her up. At first I wanted to do a little lamb because I mean really, how many years will it go before she won't let me dress her up at a lamb? This is what I had in mind:

My good friend is putting her daughter in this exact one so then I thought lady bug
but my cousin is dressing her daughter in a ladybug costume, so that's out
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment