Saturday, October 15, 2011

This is the Good Life

I am the luckiest woman in the world. There, I said it, are you jealous? Sitting on my deck, enjoying a glass (bottle) of wine, a (citronella) candle, I successfully baked my first apple pie, chocolate chip cookies are baking in the oven, daughter is in bed. I mean really, is it fair? I think so. Your life is a great life too. I'm a little jealous of you.
I don't really go to church, I don't really believe in it but I can't help but thank God on a night like tonight for this crazy, wonderful life of mine.
People run all day long, run to drop your babies off at daycare or school, run to work, pick up dry cleaning, get the groceries, stop by at the bank, go home, make dinner, feed children, clean the house, put children to bed, feed yourself, clean the kitchen AGAIN, sit down...no wait laundry's done, get the basket of clothes and fold them, put them away, sit back down only to realize it's 10:30 and time to brush your teeth and get to bed before it's time to do it all over again in the morning. WHEW! I'm exhausted just thinking about it!
It's important to take a breath and enjoy your life in the moment. I know I have a hard time doing so. You get caught up in the everyday mundane things of your day to day life that it's easy to forget to step back, breathe and look at this wonderful life in front of you.
This is my wonderful life:












Now if you'll excuse me, I have some cookies to consume :)

No comments:

Post a Comment