Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just Me and the Kids

So my sister went away for her 30th birthday for a few days. I have the boys for a few of those days.
Only my sisters kids would be bribed with Starbucks Iced Tea Lemonade. A 4 and 2 year old, bribed using Starbucks! It was the only way. $12 later the kids are sipping on their iced teas, playing in the driveway and completely ignoring everything I tell them. A bribe was under way again. This time in the form of donuts. I told them if they listened to me for the rest of the night, after school I will bring them donuts. They obliged.Whatever, they're my nephews, I'm allowed to bribe them using sugar.
Grace is full on walking by the way, still a little wobbly but walking:
 AJ with his Birthday Cookie Cake that I bribed him with after he was a grump after naptime:
 the boys drinking $20 iced teas:

What I don't understand is how do they not sleep? I don't get it. Like they are totally fine waking up every hour then being roaring to go at 6:30 am. Please tell me how this is possible?
Seriously, the worst sleepers ever. I thought Grace was bad waking up still for a bottle (or two) at night. I don't know how my sister and Mike do it. I really don't know. I'm on my 4th cup of coffee, I predict many more cups of coffee throughout today.
So cheers, to coffee drinkers and parents of non-sleeping children. I think we should go on strike and wake them up every hour in the middle of the night, that way they know how we feel. You don't think that's a good idea? Probably not. It would be a good episode for Modern Family though, don't you think?
ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment